Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplay - 20th January

Go down 
+4
Taakah
StormyMeerkat
YoshKatgirl
little_maybelline
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Night

Night

Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:49 pm

((OOC: I'll also bring in Mystery's brother Solstice when Pan introduces Mystery))

Starburst, once she is sure her pups will be all right, decides to emerge and lead the mob to forging. She notices Maple and chirps, asking if she could babysit, if possible.

Maple nods eagerly, she'd be honored to babysit the newborns.

Duty just shook his head in amusement at his sister before going off to emerge.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:22 am

Hearing Starburst inquiring Maple if she could supervise the infants, Carnation remembers the new additions to the mob and gasps. Oh, that's right! The pups! Starburst gave birth to them three days ago. Carnation exhales a guilty sigh. She completely forgot about them. Her mind has been on Mischka a lot lately. She... she just can't stop thinking about her handsome and charming beloved! It's uncertain where he is or if he's alive. It worries her immensely not knowing if Mischka is intact. She shakes her head. Right now there's more important things concentrate on. Starburst's precious, adorable little ones. The mob's numbers are depleted and Starburst is depending on everyone to be conscientious. It's crucial she assists in keeping the pups safe, including the older ones. Carnation decides she's going foraging today to help protect the youngsters old enough to forage.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 12:37 am

A male wanders around Oreo territory.  His name is L-95 Mystery, although he's referred to as Mystery for short... He's nervous.  He's tired of being on his own.  Unfortunately, so far, he's been too nervous and wary to join any mobs.  Sighing, he turns to his brother Solstice... He has a weary look about him.  He misses Valentine and the others.  

A female is close too... She's no stranger to these lands.  Hershey was the founding female of the group.  She was dominant for a short time before Starburst took over.  She'd long accepted that really, it wasn't her thing.  She tried to be assertive but was more the calm type.  She's left since Alex did but hadn't been able to find him.  She gazes over at the two strange males, both curiously and cautiously.

Destiny bounds around, happy to be able to eat.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 5:37 am

Starburst nods and goes off to emerge, she had a mob to lead out to forge.

Maple enters the chamber containing the young 3 day old pups and curls around them lovingly.

Duty follows his sister.

Solstice looks at his brother. He understood how Mystery felt... But, he shook his head, touching his brother's shoulder with his snout in a comforting way. If Valentine was here... And everyone else... No doubt in his mind they'd want the two to move on, press forward. He'd never forget them, of course. But it was no use letting the past drag him down. Today, he was going to find a way to join a mob, and hoped Mystery would follow. As much as he never really displayed it... He would be heartbroken if he couldn't join a mob with his littermate by his side...
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 2:54 pm

Joey yawns as he suddenly senses meerkats. It's his father's sense as he likes to call it- he's very protective of his children. He decides not to alert the family as his mate is struggling to find a babysitter for their third litter together, he approaches silently instead. It's a male. He seems able to supply as another valuable member of the family, so he scent marks him.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm

In Carnation's perspective, the strangers seem innocuous and genuine about meaning no harm. Their desire to be appointed new members sends a sense of relief through her system, as given the Oreos dire circumstances, they could desperately use more members to ensure the survival of all of their pups. Carnation has faith that the new members will work diligently to improve the future of the mob. Carnation has no idea one of the new meerkats is actually a long lost member of the Oreos, whom was one of the founders, and at one time, lead at the helm of the group.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:42 pm

Mystery isn't as keen as his brother.  He lies down defensively, not trusting these new meerkats.  In his eyes are hostility...
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 1:11 pm

((OOC: Wait, I'm confused... Who got accepted?))
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 10:20 pm

ooc: I guess it was Solstice but I imagine all 3 new meerkats are now in the view of the mob, but I guess the other 2 still need to be accepted? *Shrugs* Lol.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 pm

((OOC: If it was Solstice, Mystery should of also been accepted, they're together. XD Besides, in Stormy's post, it was a single male, so that's why I was confused. XD))
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:19 pm

ooc: Yeah, that's what confused me too, as the male wasn't identified by name. Stormy, you need to add names in your posts. =P
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:45 am

ooc: Eh, Joey only accepted the male because he can only accept males. And I don't put names in (I know I should) with strange meerkats because he wouldn't know their names yet. Joey could accept everyone if you'd like, though, as Starburst isn't around..
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 am

((OOC: Eh, let's just say he accepted everyone, I was just confused was all at first. XD))

If meerkats could facepalm, Solstice would be doing so at his brother's hostile behavior. But at the same time... He couldn't blame Mystery. He'll get used to it here, in time... He chirps a thank you to Joey, and also apologizes for Mystery, the two have been through a lot, but his brother is a good 'kat. He just needed time.

Starburst emerges, noticing the new males. Curious, she walks toward them.

Maple was still with the newborns, gently grooming them. How she wished to have a litter herself one day.

Kairi was asleep, cuddled happily against Maple's warm coat.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 11:23 am

Mystery's hostile behavior disconcerted Carnation initially, but having been reassured by Solstice that he'll become accustomed to everyone in the mob over time instills a sense of understanding in her, remembering she was in his position once. It's quite unnerving being surrounded by individuals you don't know, but over time, one starts to form bonds and develop close friendships that are bound to last until the end. Eventually this will happen with Mystery and he may develop a loyalty so strong, he'd be willing to defend his mob mates to the death in times of peril.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:42 pm

Seeing Starburst emerge in all her dominant glory, Vixen stops burrowing and shakes her whole body free from an excessively large amount of loose debris. She's overwhemingly overjoyed about the arrival of the new pups in burrow below and desperately want to lend a helpful paw in looking after them.
Noticing her leader's interest in the grass, she turned her full body to observe the arrival of some mystery individuals.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:04 am

Joey watches carefully as his mate approaches the males he just accepted into his family. As their most recent litter together was born three days previous, he's nervous that they could possibly attempt to mate with her. He eyes them warily, but won't do anything unless they try to harm or make passes at his lady.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:21 pm

Solstice watches Starburst, and the radio collar clearly showed she was the dominant female. He does a bow before her, trying to show respect. He didn't want to damage this chance he and his brother had to finally live in a mob. He just hopes in due time, Mystery will grow to enjoy it here too. Being loners was hard, even if you're with another.

Starburst looks a bit flattered when Solstice bowed. He was so polite. She seems content enough, she doesn't see any problems, other than Mystery's hostile body language. That concerns her. She had a litter three days ago, if she feels Mystery is going to threaten her little litter somehow, she'll have no choice but to kick him out. But she isn't cruel, she'll give Mystery a chance. She then nuzzles Joey when she notices how nervous he seemed, she knew why. No other male would touch her, that, she reassures him. He was the only one for her. If another tries to lay a paw on her, she'll teach them a painful lesson that she is already spoken for.

Duty watches the new males, his expression serious. As long as they don't harm his siblings... then the little scarred pup have no problem with them.

Maple is unaware of the events above, just content and tending to Starburst's newborns. They were just sooooo adorable!

Kairi twitches a little in her sleep but doesn't awaken.

Last edited by Night on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:37 pm

An impressed smile forms on Carnation's visage as she witnesses Solstice's courteous salutation to the matriarch. That male, he's so respectful, having the thoughtfulness to acknowledge and exhibit regard toward Starburst's authority. No doubt Solstice will prove to be a valuable member of the mob. Mystery, however, could pose a potential threat to the matriarch's new little ones, and maybe even to others in the mob. Paranoid about the prospect Mystery could exhibit volatile behavior, Carnation's orbs drift over to the male, a look of hostility upon her visage.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 pm

Joey, although wanting to appear hospitable, is worried about Mystery. He's pleased by Solstice and his displays of respectfulness towards Joey's love Starburst. It's always nice to see his mate and matriarch of the Oreos gain some recognition for what she's done for the family and what she's been through. He keeps his eyes on Mystery, however. If the mysterious male even goes NEAR his newest offspring, he will feel a fury the kind dominant male has rarely ever unleashed.

Gibbs watches intently as a new male bows before his mother. He gets bored easily and eyes the respectful male's more malevolent-seeming counterpart. He can tell by the shifty glance his father is giving the male something about him isn't to be trusted, but Gibbs can't really put his paw on it.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 4:15 pm

Joining in with the approval of Solstice, Vixen blushed he was such a gentleman..but what about his brother Mystery?
Glancing at Joey, Vixen hoped that their respectable dominant male would make the right decision and not turn the other male away him away regardless of his seeming hostility.
Her thought's were quickly distracted back to Solstice, maybe if she was quick she could get to groom him before Carnation.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 3:20 am

Everything about Mystery screams that of a cautious, nervous, defensive meerkat.  He doesn't like this and sticks close to his brother. He's not aggressive but timid and doesn't like strangers.  He's only here to survive.  He winces at Joey, and crouches down.  He interprets the dominant's behavior the same way the rest of the mob sees him.  A threat to his own safety.  He backs away slowly, eyes narrowed in fear.  He's ready to run should they try anything.

Hershey spots Starburst... Yes, it is the Oreos! She's nervous though, they haven't seen her for so long... And after all, she did challenge her dominance once... It was long ago but still.

Destiny tilts her head, not understanding...
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 9:55 am

Seeing Mystery shy away, instantly a pang of regret and empathy ripples through Joey. He never intended to make the male feel out of place, he's just anxious. So many of his children have been stolen by other mobs and he doesn't want anything to happen to his newest litter. Peeping, he slinks over to Mystery and briefly gives him so apologetic grooming. Joey has a big, kind heart and he doesn't want Mystery to see it otherwise.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:17 am

Witnessing the trepidation upon Mystery's visage sends a wave of sympathy through Carnation's system. Awww, poor guy. She feels incredibly apologetic for perceiving him as a threat and understands he was acting hostile because he was scared. She can empathize with Mystery as she was in the same situation once before. When she first immigrated into the Oreos, she, too, was nervous and apprehensive to the prospect the members of the mob would criticize and ostracize her for whatever reason. She's sure Mystery will integrate just fine and develop close bonds with the Oreo individuals over time.

Last edited by YoshKatgirl on Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 12:30 pm

Solstice, watching Mystery, feels protective. He lingered near his brother, positioning his body over Mystery's as a way to show he didn't want any harm to come to Mystery. No matter what... He'd stay by Mystery's side, and protect him with his life. As Joey approached, his muscles tense. But as he saw the dominant male groom Mystery, he relaxed. He just hopes Mystery lightens up, though... If he hadn't been displaying hostility, the mob wouldn't of assumed he was a threat. He sighed. This was going to be one long journey for his brother...

Starburst also feels bad, but she also feels a bit paranoid, so many of her and Joey's children have been taken away. But she can see Solstice means well, and as long as Mystery does nothing he'll regret or harm her mob in any way... But she still wants to give Mystery a chance, but she'll keep her eyes on him. Like any good mother, she was just naturally protective of her latest litter, she just wants to be sure anyone they accept, won't harm her little ones. She doesn't notice an old mob member approaching as a result.

Duty narrowed his golden orbs. Mystery's behavior bothers him. Unless that male lightens up, he's going to be cautious around him..

Maple was curled around the newborns, relaxing and letting them feed if they needed to.

Kairi awakens and feeling peckish, latches onto one of Maple's tits and began to happily feed.
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 2:39 pm

In the distance, a pup was going toward the Oreos. Its History, who had become separated from the Zippers long ago. She had managed to survive, but she was skinny, underweight. She spots faint meerkats in the distance. Could it be..? Hopeful she had finally found her family, she trots toward the group, hoping she had finally found her home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 20th January   Roleplay - 20th January - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay - 20th January
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next