Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Roleplay - 29th of October

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Meyerm

Meyerm

Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 6:42 pm

Linda continues to dream as she sleeps. Her dream about Ninja pours into another dream about her pups that he fathers, a pleasant one. She smiles in her sleep, dreaming about what they'll end up looking like. Will they looks like her, or Ninja, or both?
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:04 pm

Lavender peeps a gasp as a large bird's shadow casts over her. She looks up at the sky and sees the vulture. At first she's alarmed but remembers from an earlier age that she learned that vultures aren't a threat but are a sign that death is near. She frowns feeling sorrow for what animal may have fallen victim to the Kalahari winter elements.

Lancaster ignores the vulture and keeps focused on looking out for danger. When on gaurd, you can't let anything distract you because just a meer few seconds is enough for a predator to take the oppertunity to strike.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:37 pm

Linda wakes up at Lavender's peep. She looks in the sky to see the silhouette of a large bird and jumps up. She realizes it's only a vulture and relaxes. She sits and grooms herself.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Lavender watches the vulture. She may have learned that they pose no threat to meerkats but they still creep her out.

Lancaster sits on the branch. His legs and feet were starting to hurt from standing for such a long time.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 8:01 pm

Linda ignores the vulture. Maybe she can help afterall. She stands up and aids in sentry duty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:35 am

Snowflake eats a scorpion after biting off it's sting.

Jackie digs quickly.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Lavender moves to stand gaurd in front of the burrow entrance. While Lancaster has the sky and horizon under his survailance and Linda has the ground vegatation under her's, she'll keep the burrow entrance blocked so that predators can't get to the pups if an alarm goes out.

Lancaster looks in all directions thoroughly. So far it looks like things may be tranquil through out the afternoon, at least he hopes so.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Following the foraging party, Josephine stops nearby Jackie and Snowflake to try and scavenge a meal from the dry sand. Each shovel of sand feels like a tremendous effort in her weakened condition but she’s willing to persevere to try and find enough energy from nutrients to make it back to Lancaster at the burrow.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 2:20 pm

Lavender has a sudden urge to go check on the pups. She heads into the burrow and finds the chamber where the pups are cuddled together. She lays down next to them and curls her body around them to keep them warm then starts to gently bond groom them.

Lancaster rises back up on his hind legs, on high alert, as he sees something move off in the distance. Could that jackal be back? Fortunately it's only a yellow mongoose and her pups searching for food in the vegetation.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:05 pm

Linda starts to get distacted and trails off in her thoughts again. It's almost impossible for her to ignore her position right now.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Unknown to Lancaster, that mongoose is the same one that Tank had encountered a while ago. He saw her as a threat and if he were here right now, he'd be sure that round number 2 would end with him as the victor. But the more laid back Lancaster could care less about her and her pups' presence. Lancaster is more concerned about birds of prey, jackals and venomous pup killing snakes.

Under ground, Lavender is snuggled up to the pups and has dozed off. Her learning experiances of today have drained her of her energy.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Linda sits. She's forgotten about sentry duty and starts to think deeply. She used to have a good spot within the mob, and never drew negative attention from anyone, and she gave it up. She knows she's broken one of the biggest rules in meerkat society, but she doesn't regret it. The way she puts it, why should she spend her entire life helping to raise another female's pups, when she can have her own? It just doesn't seem right that her pups may have to die just for being born to a subordinate mother.

ooc- Oh and here's a note for Dipsy. Buckeye is also pregnant. You forgot to add her to the list.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Lancaster looks down and notices Linda's stress has returned to her. He feels the urge to want to ease her tensions but first he has to figure out how to get down safely from his sentry post. He looks down at the uneven looking tree bark. Climbing down won't be easy.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:19 pm

Linda tries to stop thinking about it. The very stress of trying to bring her pups safely into the world would cause their demise. She looks at the ground. The thought that Ninja might be dead isn't helping.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:28 pm

Lancaster swallows hard as he looks down. He's always disliked hieghts but from performing sentry duty up high alot, it's helped to slightly surpress that fear. But, it's a long way down. If he falls he could get seriously injured. He must be extremely careful if he is to prevent that scenario from happening. Lancaster digs his claws deeply into the tree's bark and slowly begins to work his way down.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:30 pm

Linda decides to do a little bit of self grooming to ease her mind. For her first pregnancy, it's already become a stressful ordeal.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:38 pm

Lancaster makes it safely down the tree. He takes a few moments to recover from the sudden adrenaline rush then pads over to Linda and offers her some grooming to help ease her stress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 am

Snowflake keeps digging.

Jackie eats a beetle.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 7:08 am

ooc: Were Luna, Maylene, and Linda evicted by Buckeye? If Buckeye's litter lives, I want to name a pup Julia. Then take another and name him Area. (Math is brainwashing me! No, I just think Area has a nice ring to it.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 9:09 am

ooc: i don't think they're evicted??

Buckeye continues to forage, hungry and trying to replenish her energy. Her pregnancy was draining, and she could feel her emotions rising again. Evictions may be in the future.

Not having to worry about Buckeye's fury, Hutch forages while Glade takes up centry, a first time for this youngster. She watches her fellow family members do it and tries to imitate this important duty.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Lancaster makes occassional glances at the sky and horizon in between his nerve soothing grooming session with Linda. He feels calm as he sees there's no sign of danger.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:18 pm

ooc- They're still in the mob.

ic- Linda peeps, thanking Lancaster. She's glad that at least a few of the others understand what she's going through.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Snowflake eats a bombarder beetle, quick to eat it before it squirts it's liquid at him.

Jackie eats a skink. Once she finishes it, she feels full, so she goes to the shade to relax.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:44 pm

Linda grooms herself a little more. She stops and looks up at the sky, thinking about Ninja. Will he ever return? Is he dead? Has he abandoned her to handle the pups herself? No. Ninja would abandon her. He's too nice to be like that. She is, however, unsure about him being alive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Jackie stands sentry under the tree and looks around for any dangers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplay - 29th of October   Roleplay - 29th of October - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roleplay - 29th of October
Page 7 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next