Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Characters and Plots

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

Characters and Plots Empty
PostSubject: Characters and Plots   Characters and Plots I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 am

I've done this on Linklu and overall it seems to help. Having plots make a roleplay interesting. It keeps it going, develops characters, keeps them active... It takes more than one person to do it right. Obviously, DW has had trouble with too much drama. But we also need it. Look what happened to Linklu without it. Over there, I tell people we need large plots that include as many people as possible. But here, I'm suggest smaller plots, with as many as three players and as many as five characters. It's only a suggestion but you get my point. This isn't meant to create drama, but to plan out each day, to help all of us keep our roleplay motivation. I've learned a couple other things that help me, first, create relationships with other characters. It's hard to roleplay with yourself. Other characters give you a shoulder to lean on when playing. Second, learn to respond. What are your characters doing versus what the others are doing? How could you respond in a way to help activity? Think this through, communicate with others, respond, and especially to those who are left behind. If someone's character react to yours, make something out of it, don't ignore it. These are my most used tactics. I also work to develop my characters, but that's an art in itself, if you want I could write a topic on that at some point.

Anyways, sorry for rambling, I thought I would type this up. It started as a topic for my characters' plots, but turned into something else. But this is something to think about. We have two options, either this is a discussion on my idea and is moved to RP Talk, or is a topic to discuss characters that need ideas and stay here.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Characters and Plots   Characters and Plots I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 2:37 am

I think it's great to read that you typed this up Pancake and that we could use both thread ideas to develop things for the site. Maybe we could open separate threads to talk about individual group plot ideas so we can keep track of them.

Small well developed plots here can be very valuable and I certainly agree that they help us all integrate and develop our communicative skills with one another.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Characters and Plots   Characters and Plots I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2012 11:27 am

I think this will significantly improve things for the site, Pancake. For the characters I plan to keep, the plots I formulated for them a while back will still be put into motion at some point. Interacting with another person's character(s) will help make things more exciting. I'm one who also prefers her characters to have some kind of connection with someone else's characters X3 It does feel awkward roleplaying with yourself, lol, although I manage doing that on Linklu with Dean and Misty Morning, Elizabeth and Faris and Elizabeth and Scissorclaws pretty well. We can probably make a thread where we can discuss plots for each of the mobs. It'll take alot of planning but we always succeed at coming up with something Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Characters and Plots   Characters and Plots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Characters and Plots
Page 1 of 1