Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Discussion of Rules

Go down 
+4
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★
YoshKatgirl
Meyerm
StormyMeerkat
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Discussion of Rules - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Well thank you, Stormy, I appreciate that. [:
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 6:56 pm

I agree with Stormy Smile
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:55 pm

I think appointing new moderators/admins would be a good idea, as the site is growing we should try to keep up with it. Lots of staff mean that spamperves can be quickly banned and any mess quickly cleaned up.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 8:58 pm

Maybe two or three new moderators, and a co-admin, so things will still be stable while you're absent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:05 pm

Also, I'm not sure if you can do this on this type of forum or if you already have it in place, but on some forums you can set a captcha on the first, say, 5 posts a user makes. A captcha (I think that's what it's called) requires you to enter that annoying set of letters and numbers before you can post. Spammers are typically robots and are therefore incapable of entering the letters/numbers, and this will greatly reduce spam. It worked beautifully on my old site, which was plagued by spammers and hackers.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:07 pm

I also know of an add on that one site eventually had to get- a spam poison button that lead all computer spammers there.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:12 pm

I don't know about a capcha, but it would be worth looking into.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:13 pm

It worked really well, even though I ended up leaving soon after.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:14 pm

It should be under the forum settings in the administration panel, if there is one.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:16 pm

I think you might have to go to the website to get it. I'm not aware, though, if it Is a paid one or not.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Meyerm wrote:
So are we prepared for attacks like the one on MH?

You mean the one where everyone ganged up on me? No, we're not.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 am

Sorry what happened there Pancake? Was that something to do with members from DW, external members or spammers?

I have looked up the forum settings on the admin panel and we don't appear to have a 'capture' device. We do however have the settings on for moderators to ban members and we can set the amount of 'flooding' posts you can allow in a certain period of time. Most other moderator powers are active.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:12 am

The Mozart incident.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 12:26 pm

little_maybelline wrote:
Sorry what happened there Pancake? Was that something to do with members from DW, external members or spammers?

Late reply to this.

I became inactive and everyone got mad at me.

Could we make a rule against flaming people?
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 1:31 pm

I think we should. I know I am 100% guilty of that, and it's eaten me up and spat me back out. I agree with Pancake.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 2:22 pm

I agree with Pancake as well. It can't be helped if someone needs or wants to be away from the role play. Eventually, we're all going to establish lives away from the computer to where we can't be on all hours of the day. We also have the right to choose to post or not, some days the motivation just isn't in everyone or they may be working on other hobby projects while logged on.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 3:33 pm

I also agree. You can't really dedicate all your time into roleplaying. And like Yoshkat said, some times we get unmotivated to roleplay. Or we could busy with something else. Roleplaying to me is a great pass time if you do GOT the time to do it. Otherwise, we have the freedom to choose whatever we want to do with our free time. If I'm not roleplaying, I'm either drawing, chatting with friends, or playing games on my computer or on my systems. But I'm sure there are times where we all want someone to post, but it doesn't happen. We just need to be patient and it'll happen sooner or later. Smile
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 pm

I think you all are right, not everybody can post all the time and that we should have that as a rule.
Everyone seems to be quite fair and understanding of each other here and characters of members (for whatever reason) as away we do try to cover them where possible to keep groups active.
I know this is not always the case with every character but we have temporary dispersion in place to ease that problem.

Are there any methods or ideas we could put in place to back up the 'No Flaming'?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:33 pm

I'm thinking along the lines of when stating a problem, try not to start a fight... State your issue kindly and if after three times they aren't listening talk to an admin/moderator about it...

And if someone is attacking another, don't join in. :/
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:55 pm

I like that idea. I also think it's a good idea not to complain about a person's long absence at all, as that would be considered flaming in a way. If someone disappears unannounced for a while, just cover their active and important characters until they return.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 5:59 pm

Also don't talk badly about them while they're gone either.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Agreed, that includes in PM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2011 6:23 pm

I definitely agree with it all. Role-playing's fun, but we all have greater priorities than sitting at the computer every day RPing- some things are of greater importance, and though it sometimes delays the RP when certain characters are missing in action, it should be understood the game is not the nucleus of the universe. I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 4:13 am

I agree with what everyone has posted. I know I'm finding it difficult to get on everyday after school, and sometimes if I do have time I don't have the motivation to roleplay.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:42 am

I agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion of Rules   Discussion of Rules - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion of Rules
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next