Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Watching' a group

Go down 
+3
little_maybelline
Night
Dipsy Tail Bonder
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:48 am

They don't have roll call lists or any details really on the first post because they weren't characters that people didn't have to RP all the time. I only drew up a roll call list for the rovers section as there were so many names appearing there but not all of them came into the RP.
But if lists are helpful and people would like them to be used I don't see why not Smile
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:12 pm

So what do I need to do immediately? School just started today, and I may be late at getting any lists drawn up.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 3:35 pm

I've put a rough list up under the group members thread for you. You just will need to check that all the members are there, that their genders are correct etc.
Then maybe highlight (if any) characters that have been innactive for a while to remind others and maybe in reply they will respond with some potential dispersals.
Stormy's list on Willows is a great example of what sh'es done so far.
Then when you are happy it can be put into the normal format and a new announcement thread can be uploaded by yourself so you can change in the future.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:08 pm

So that's what we have to do? Sounds pretty easy. I was wondering that myself X3 I'll give it a try with the Zippers list later :3
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:12 pm

I'll check on the Midnights and the Oreos later on tonight, got plans with my boyfriend tonight. x3
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:13 am

Lol, I was wondering why people's names suddenly became purple.

Just out of curiousity, how did you get the names to change colour? I tried to get the admin's name to come out a different colour (I think it was green, so it was easier to read.) but it stayed blue.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:04 am

Lol, it's under the 'User and Groups' Tab, then 'group administration' down the side of the page. Then you'll see the list of 4 groups so far which at the the end of thier row you get a little cog shape to modify.
Once on that page you click the drop down for colour and physically have to click and move the circle and slider to select a colour otherwise it doesn't do anything. Finally make sure you have colour group members underneath ticked. Then click save and Presto! Your Admin level is green.

After a bit of colour confusion!!I've cracked why it wasn't displaying the colour after that. It was because it was a 'hidden group' rather than a 'closed group'. Now you can see the permisson levels at the bottom of the site.

Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:27 am

Okay, thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:50 am

We can keep altering it if you wish to revert the green back to blue Dipsy or if you have any other ideas for the site.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 10:42 am

Also, I'd like to ask... How does the ID number work for the characters?
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

The ID number is allocated to a character when they potentially get accepted into the group. Some characters however will join over the skip so they don't get an official acceptance so if that is the case then they just get assigned a number.

Broken down:
RP - Roleplay
XX - Group ID (TK, WW, MN, CM, WW etc)
M/F/P - Gender or pup if unknown
000 - Number in sequence

Example: Morning Glory (RPTKF002) Is Tiny Kat Female individual 2 of our roleplay as she was the 2nd meerkat to appear to join Tisca in the Tiny Kat group.

Some groups I.D's are from Linklu -
Stratus (RPWM024) Is Weathers Male individual 24 of their roleplay. But as we are a sister to Linklu we kept their ID format.

Some are created when individuals join a splinter group -
Jiggy (RPCMM001) Is Comets Male individual 1 as although he has joined half of the Tiny Kats he didn't join under the current TK dominant female so he gets allocated Juipter's group new code that starts the numerical order going back from the beginning.
Once the TK's and CM's rejoin the numbering system will go back to asssigning new memebers as Tiny Kats again following.

New pups when they emerge get named and coded in the same way as new adults.
That's about it really... Did it answer your question Night?
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:06 pm

Wow, lol. But yes, that did answer my question. x3 Thanks LM! =)
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:15 pm

Sometimes you may have to search around on other memebrs sites like Stargazers, Midnight holidays or back to Linklu if characters have migrated across sites.
I'm sure if a member has one of those kinds of characters they will be able to help you with a code. Pancake was very helpful with codes for the Shadow Deaths for a good example.

You are also very welcome Night Smile
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:49 pm

Eh, the Shadow Death codes may have to be redone, they weren't done correctly... And I've lost them. But they're moving back to Linklu.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:00 am

I no longer have time to be a watcher for Desert Warriors. I'm doing that for Linklu, they need it more, trust me.

Also, I have the Shadow Deaths codes done, or will after I add Sammi's characters.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:16 pm

I'd be glad to watch the group you were assigned to, Pancake. (Er...which was...? ^^; I forget, hee hee) I'm still watching the Zippers but wouldn't mind taking on the task of watching a second mob if no one else is up for it :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Watching' a group
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2