Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

'Watching' a group

Go down 
+3
little_maybelline
Night
Dipsy Tail Bonder
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 am

It was mentioned in the Tiny Kats that maybe we should have a different member 'watching' each of the mobs. By 'watching', I mean that one person is in charge of keeping track of a groups name list, and at the end of each roleplay day everyone would upload any changes so that it can be added to Maybelline's name list.

So yeah, I'd like to know you guy's thougts on that, and whatnot. Also, if there is a group you'd like to 'watch' then please say Smile I would prefer to do either the TIny Kats, Comets, Zippers or Jummas, since they are the groups I roleplay in it would be easy for me toikeep up.

Anyway, sorry that's kinda brief, but I've gotta go Smile

Final List 'Update Watchers'

Tiny Kats - Maybelline
Comets - Dipsy
Midnights - Night ?
Willows - Stormy
Zippers - Yoshkat
Oreos - Night ?
Reapers - Flower
Phantoms - Pancake
Jumaa - Meyerm
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 am

That does sound like a good idea. ^^ I'll be willing to "watch" a group if I can. Smile
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 am

I can still help out a little bit. I mainly know Tiny Kats, Comets or Willows. I'll ammend you post slightly so you can keep track of who you chose.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:10 am

I can watch the Jumaa.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:10 am

I'd be glad to watch a group Smile I was thinking of watching the Zippers :3
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:11 pm

I've started pencil in some rough name choices. Night is there any you would like over others?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:24 pm

I'll watch the Phantoms.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:00 pm

I'll take on the Jumaa if no one else wants to. If someone else already does, I'll try the Oreos or the Midnights.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:06 pm

I believe Meyerm said she'd be watching the Jumaa Smile
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:20 pm

Ah, okay. xD Then I'll watch the Oreos or the Midnights, doesn't matter which one. ^^
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:11 pm

I'll do the Willows.
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:46 am

Cool, looks like I've got the Comets. Smile

Would you be able to pm a name list for them, Maybelline? Thank you.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:07 am

The Name List!! In all it's glory ><

*Link has been removed as the list has been updated*

Is a link to my recent attempt at updating the Name List sheet. If anyone downloads it you'll see why it wasn't easy to simply copy and paste. It's full of colour coding for group identification with a key down the side to try and make it easier for role calling. Purple lines are a quick removed from the RP by dispersal or death.
Other tabs along the bottom are pregnant females, dead characters and some that have bio's and not appeared yet ><

Last edited by little_maybelline on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:26 am

Wow that site's infested with ads! Anyways, I can't open the file. What pro gram do you use?
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:32 am

Maybe I try and get it to you all another way. I didn't have any add windows pop up at all but maybe they are blocked by my Kasperski. Excel 2007 it uses, I'll see if I can save it as anything older.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pitbhm5mzlknom8/DW%20Name%20List.xls is Excel 2003 - 2007 format.
Back to top Go down

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:48 pm

I could 'watch' Could watch the Reapers if no one else wants to
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:15 am

I had a bit of trouble opening it too.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:33 am

I managed to access the file, and agreed with Meyerm. There were alot of ads D: Wow, I imagine you spent ALOT of time working on the list. So many meerkats >.<
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 3:54 pm

I have kindly drawn together some rough lists to aid you all in starting off as 'watchers'. These can be found on the old members announcement under each group. It is now up to everyone what they choose to do with their list, Stormy's on the Willows was a fantastic and easy example to follow and was why I tried to give some of my time so you all had something to work on across the site together.

If once a individual watcher is happy with their roll-call list feel free to delete my old one and then have a thread that you have permission to update. Also maybe it is something Dipsy and I could look into giving the designated watcher permisson to the whole of the group so they can keep an eye on 'Ages under a year' or 'Pregnant Females'.

Night which one of the groups Oreos or Midnights would you prefer? or would you like both as Midnights are quite small?

If not is there anyone else who would be interested?
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 9:57 pm

If no one else is interested, I'll watch both the Midnights and Oreos. I'm not scared of taking on a challenge. >3
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 4:26 am

Sounds good to me, Maybelline Very Happy
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 5:17 am

Ok, some of you will notice a new purple tag has appeared on some members names. This is the new 'watcher' permission trial group as everyone else who has volunteered already has a higher rank as admin or moderator.
As a purple tag, you should now be able to create special posts in the group boards, sticky posts, announcements but at the moment not full across the board moderation.

See how this goes if it doesn'f fullfil the needs of the watchers the permissions can be reviewed and I will speak with Dipsy to see if she can help making things better.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:04 am

Pretty cool. ^^ I'm sure we'll all get used to this, especially since we'll be working together on this. =3 Now, because I want to know, how do you do the ages of the meerkats under a year? Just by adding 7 days into their ages? (Since we normally skip a week when we start a new day?)
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:16 am

Yep, that's all you have to do Smile Add the number of days skipped onto the age of the previous day. I used to use that rough number of days in an RP month is 30 but i'm not sure how Yoshkat and Stormy count theirs.
As long as there is a rough age I think that's pretty good because as soon as they go over a year no one is officially watching the characters age but maybe the player.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2011 11:21 am

Gotcha. Smile Math tends to be my enemy, so, that's why I asked. xD Also, does the Sun Angels and the Moon Devils also need to be watched? They tend to be horribly neglected.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

'Watching' a group Empty
PostSubject: Re: 'Watching' a group   'Watching' a group I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Watching' a group
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next