Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible New Group Pictures^^

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Possible New Group Pictures^^ Empty
PostSubject: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 7:50 pm

I found some I thought might work, Here they are- ^^ (I just googled "meerkat groups")

Tiny Kats-
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091205183329/meerkats/images/7/7d/Rascals_Mob.jpg

Midnights-
http://www.lifeinthefastlane.ca/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/meerkats_8sfw.jpg
(I think this one fits them because it's at dusk and it looks kinda dark :3)

Willows-
http://images.nationalgeographic.com/wpf/media-live/photos/000/512/cache/meerkats3d-08_51273_600x450.jpg
(This one fits the Willows pretty good.. It's nice and bright, like them ^^)

Zippers-
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/resources-rx/images/1049/species-bahav-banner_90092_1.jpg

Oreos-
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/32/The_Whiskers.jpg/350px-The_Whiskers.jpg
(I'm pretty sure we used this one before... Not sure, but it seems very oreo-ish to me)

Reapers-
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/65/Suricata.suricatta.fighting.jpg
(This was found by Poops. It's just awesome.)

Jumaa-
http://cfile25.uf.tistory.com/image/157FD8534E4FEAA230C433
(I could see this being Jumaa, especially because they're a close-knit family)

Phantoms-
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130209123058/meerkatroleplay/images/a/a7/Juvenile_meerkats_playfighting.jpg
(I think this would be awesome for the Phantoms...)

Some of these might not work, it's just suggestions. Everyone feel free to find some and add them to the thread. ^^

Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 pm

Those are pretty cool Stormy. ^^
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Honestly I like them all. The Oreos one does look familiar. I think we did use that one but it fits the Oreos any way, lol.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 3:01 am

What i'll do is shrink them small to icon size and upload them, then if there are any that really don't fit or members have an issue with then we can narrow down the pictures we need to look for.
I think they should be fine though unless they loose quality when shrunk.

EXTRA - I have put them all up, due to the size of the Reapers one it looked very odd and misshapen as an icon. I have used the old John Does one in its place for the time being.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 9:36 am

Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 pm

They look amazing Maybelline!

And good job finding excellent Reapers pictures, yet again, Poops.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 12:28 pm

Thanks Stormy, they were really great images and it was really quick to shrink, resize and upload. I've just done the change to the Reapers with one of Poops's new images.

Just need to find a couple to fill in some of the other blank spaces of individuals maybe or pups.
Do you want me to change the text with your previous suggestion ones?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:11 pm

Goood job Mahbelline, and thanks Stormy. I was thinking of helping with the group description, to me the mobs are looking somewhat the same
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 11, 2013 7:14 pm

A few are, but not all.. I'm not great with mob descriptions. xP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 4:57 pm

Comets: Feisty and strong yet not of evil nature, the mob is an mob to look out for, determination has been an factor that has kept them up since the founding of the mob, an mere splinter of the Tiny Kats turned into an mob of strong military power. Led by Jupiter and Nephi.

Midnights: Their name is just an reference to how dark the group is, hiding in the shadows is not uncommon within them, stealth being something of value, not only dark by attribute but also dark by nature the mob is one to look out for, even though their wraith like mannerism not all of them take on the darker side of alignments. Led by Teetsie and Makuta/Varjack.

Reapers: An mob of dictatorship and a nature of survival of the fittest. Being an band of lawless Kalahari Warriors political problems are an issue, especially when it comes to leadership; the current DF being challenged more than once for her right to the throne. Due to that the dominants are forced to rule under an iron paw, despite having been an splinter formed by the Blizzards and one of low numbers the rookies are well under their way to their ambitions.

~ Just an few, cuz I got lazy after dat
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:21 pm

I don't quite agree with those descriptions... Could I give it a try? I think adding history to the descriptions might help...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 5:44 pm

Lol guess I'm not as good as I fancy myself to be, go ahead I guess
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 12, 2013 6:25 pm

These are only things to think about.  I don't expect these to be used.

Yay for optional ideas:

A lot of the mob personalities seem unclear.
The Tiny Kats don't seem that fierce anymore.
But the Comets militaristic? No...
I can certainly come up with the Phantoms.  :3
Let's see then...

The Phantoms are a split of the Blizzards mob, led by ex-Shadow Death dominant female Cyan and the equally dangerous male Casper.  For a long time, there was a battle for dominance between Cyan and Enigma.  Upon finding a new mate, Cyan broke off from the Blizzards, taking many dark-hearted meerkats with her.  Dominance has remained unchanged.  The Phantoms are cold, dark, and dangerous, just like the Blizzards but with an edgier, eerier ring to it.  They don't tolerate weakness of any kind and stop for no one who hasn't gained their respect.  Fear to comply with orders, no matter how diabolical they may be, gains no tolerance.  They are ambitious and will do whatever they have to in order to get what they way.  The Phantoms aren't afraid to rub another mob the wrong way or make enemies.  Life in the mob can be chaotic and is not risk-free.  However, there is a small degree of care for one another between certain individuals, though not to the point of weakness.
...Yay.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:12 am

If anyone is not happy with the descriptions please feel free to write a line and I can easily change them.
Text space is limited though so descriptions have to be kept condensed to 1 or 2 short sentences.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:18 am

I don't think Forumotion limits that, do they? owo

Understandable, but... Honestly I think we should just keep them how they were and change dominants as needed.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:57 am

No the forum doesn't limit it but if we have 9 massive history blurbs in a line the front section of the forum is going to be too large.

Your section on the phantoms is indeed accurate and you are correct that some group descriptions are inaccurate. This was why they needed updating.

I also don't have copies of what the original tags said 1/2 were very similar some were very different.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:56 am

I knew mine were too long, but they were fun to type up.
But, I have been working on the mob choronologies
And I would like to post one for each mob here as a sort of history when I'm finished.

I liked how simple the old descriptions were, that's what I meant ^^
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 3:29 am

Life chronologies sound a wonderful idea pancake Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible New Group Pictures^^   Possible New Group Pictures^^ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible New Group Pictures^^
Page 1 of 1