Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!

Go down 
+3
YoshKatgirl
Night
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

Location : Hanging off the edge of a cliff... HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! Empty
PostSubject: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:29 pm

Sorry if this sounded like something is wrong, but I just couldn't stay quiet. X3

For those who either don't know, or don't remember. Next week is May 26th, a.k.a. DESERT WARRIORS 2ND ANNIVERSERY!!! 8D

ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! Meerka11

I just can't believe how time just flew by. Seems like just last month we were celebrating the first year.
Back to top Go down
http://desertwarriorsexp.forummotion.com
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 7:50 pm

Cool. x3 I don't think I've been around for a year yet. xD
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm

DW's second anniversary is coming up? Wow, I forgot it was coming upXD I remember being around for it's first anniversary. I was just a newbie thenX3 But yeah, the time flew really fast O:
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 8:57 pm

We should celebrate Linklu's if we can find that out.

But yay! :D
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Yeah that'd be sweet:D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 2:27 am

Wow. Time has flyed since the first anniversary... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:36 am

The only downside is that I highly doubt Dipsy will be here for it this year. Sad
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:42 am

It's not gonna be as fun to celebrate if she's not here:(
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:49 am

I know. We need an assistant admin to help things out when she's gone. Sad
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:24 am

Maybe we can have poll and choose the most active users to run for second admin. I'm also worried if a trouble making user registers while she's absent, there won't be anyone around with the power to ban the user.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:32 am

Sounds like a good idea YoshKat. Smile And I agree... If we can't get someone who can ban users, we'll find ourselves with troublesome users.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:53 am

I think we should go through with the poll but we'll wait to see what everyone else thinks first. I expect eventually, like alot of RP sites, we'll attract a rebel role player so it'll be good to be always prepared for those kinds of people.
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 10:55 am

Indeed. And we should have someone who can ban those users whenever it happens. I do like the poll idea, but yeah, let's see what everyone else thinks.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Maybe the second admin spot should be picked out from existing moderators.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 6:07 pm

Good idea. We will need a secound admin until/if Dipsy returns.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:14 pm

But can't only Dipsy herself promote others to admin?
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 7:50 pm

I dunno. I thought Little_Maybelline was a secondary admin.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 8:42 pm

Meyerm's right. I think only Dipsy has the power to promote someone to admin. Little Maybelline is a moderator.
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 11:35 pm

True, only Dipsy can make any major changes on the site. Without her around, odds are there'll be no banned members, no new groups, no chance of the site background being changed, and no new administrators/moderators. Those things can only be done by Dipsy, if she shows up again. I really hope she does.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2011 7:29 pm

I'm confident she will:) She's probably just so focused on school for the time being. She's very devoted to the site so it'd be unlike her to leave permanently without saying anything, unless if something happened to her computer. She'll be back eventually we hope.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:27 am

I currently have admin powers to moderate boards but it doesn't appear to be as simple as adding one thing here or taking away something else there. It's on my to do list and I had started to look at moving the Blizzards and Devils to the lost section but I'm not sure it can be done without me taking down DW and putting it into a modification mode.

Is there any other major changes that need to be looked into?
Will the John Does and Reapers merge back together? Is it worth temporary losing the Tiny Kats board and giving the Comets the full thread they deserve to have as they are far more active with members?

I also can't believe tomorrow is DW's 2nd birthday...That has come around so quickly. Maybe we could all put togetehr some ideas for an event to celebrate the milestone.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Sounds complicated. Maybe we could leave the Blizzards and Devils on the Meerkat Mobs board for a little longer. If Dipsy isn't back within another month, they could be moved into the Lost Mobs board. We could see what the others think since it'll mean switching DW to modification mode.

We're working dispersing the least active characters to keep the mob numbers in check. They're still pretty high. I think the Reapers and John Does are still planned to reunite. They've both been very inactive. It may take a while. As for the Tiny Kats, I could help with the activity:3 I plan to introduce a character there soon.

That sounds like a great idea:D
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:15 pm

I agree with Yosh. If Dispy is caught up in school or something like that, hopefully next month she'll come back since its usually around June that schools and colleges go into Summer Vacation anyhow.

I did want to introduce another character to the Tiny Kats but then I'd have a lot of characters to roleplay as, but then again, I'm used to it anyhow. xD I've covered up to 7-8 characters at once in roleplays with a close friend of mine. ^^

I agree, we should do something like that for the 2nd birthday. :3
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:02 pm

If we disperse all the einactiv characters, some mobs will go virtually extinct. The Willows would be reduced to like 10 members.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 3:08 pm

True. We'll just disperse the characters who are rarely played or have never been played since the RP day of their introduction.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!   ALERT!!! PLEASE READ! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ALERT!!! PLEASE READ!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next