Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Rule Suggestion

Go down 
+2
YoshKatgirl
Dipsy Tail Bonder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

New Rule Suggestion Empty
PostSubject: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 8:53 pm

As we are all aware, this site has some issues with hyperposting. So, we have been trying to come up with a way to solve this. Yoshkat suggested we have a rule where once you post, you have to wait until for different people post before you can post again. This might make roleplay really slow, but I think it'd be better than all the hyperposting. >.<

So, just want to know what you guys think. It doesn't have to be a new rule right away; we can trial it for a while and if we don't like it, we can change it.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 pm

I seriously think we should go through with imposing this rule. I think it'll make a big difference in the posting pace and will give everyone a chance to stay caught on events on every RP day. It isn't fair to the people who are struggling the most to stay caught up when people spill the hyperposting onto the next RP day. It'd be sad if the currently out of control issue ends up making some people quit. So, before it comes to that, I feel if we confront the issue soon, it'll make DW a more enjoyable site to role play on. However, the rule will be pending until we get everyone else's opinion on this rule.
Back to top Go down
Darkchu

Darkchu

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2011 12:53 pm

I agree. And I also think we should post this notice in all the mob boards. That way it'll be harder to miss. Along with a rule limiting the amount of drama that can happen per day.
Back to top Go down
http://elec-1.deviantart.com/
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:21 am

That sounds good.

Mind if I do that? I think a watcher can...
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:54 am

That's a good idea Elec. It should get noticed for sure then.

Go ahead Pancake Smile I believe Watchers have the permission to post notices on the boards.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Sounds good to me.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:26 am

We'll make an exception when waiting for 4 different people to post in between. Say 2 or 3 different people reply after you but no one else replies after 3 days. You could post again yourself to get things moving again in the neglected mob.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:55 am

Are all the groups on 4 posts in between or are some of the more inactive groups on 3?
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 11:58 am

Some of the inactive mobs, such as the Reapers, Phantoms, Midnights and Tiny Kats are on 3. The rest are on 4.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:12 pm

Ah thanks Yoshkat, I wasn't sure which ones had made the list.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 12:16 pm

You're welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:03 pm

The Jumaa might need to be 5 as it's the most active mob on the site. Or not. We'll see how things go with them at 4 when the new day is in progress.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:15 pm

Yeah I think that could be a thing to watch out for so the groups keep at the same speed. Also whilst its quiet it could be a good time to check group lists and roll calls ready for the new day.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:20 pm

We can always adjust the number of different posters inbetween if one group seems to be going slower or faster than the others.

That's a good idea for when activity is quiet.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:34 pm

That sounds good... I guess. Bleh, I'm not a staff member anymore (if I ever was? idk) so I guess my opinion doesn't matter anyways.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:40 pm

I believe you were a group watcher, forget for what group though. Everyone's opinion matters. It's how we go about correcting any issues that manifest on the site. With everyone working together and stating their opinions, we're finally getting somewhere with improving DW Wink
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:47 pm

I mentioned that I no longer have time to be a group watcher.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:57 pm

Okay. LM or Dipsy could demote you from the position if you desire. I don't think I have the power to premote or demote anyone to something as I'm just a regular mod capable of doing things to topics.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 4:03 am

Pancake your opinion is always valid even if you aren't a staff member Smile
It's not a problem either that you don't have time to be a group watcher any more, If you wish to stay with the moderating abilities you have now instead of being demoted back down I'm sure it's not a a problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Rule Suggestion   New Rule Suggestion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Rule Suggestion
Page 1 of 1