Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Meerkat Manor on Youtube

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Meerkat Manor on Youtube Empty
PostSubject: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:10 pm

I'm not sure if this will be availible to everyone in all countries but Meerkat Manor is being shown on Youtube by Channel 5 on demand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBkThK7vNZA&feature=hp_SLN_curated&list=SL

Great to see the Whiskers again Smile
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Darn! It's not available in the US DX I read that in the UK Meerkat Manor has started to show on TV again, starting from season one. Hopefully we'll be able to see it in the US soon. But I have all 4 seasons on DVD so I could watch MM when ever I want :3 However, I've gotten so used to watching it on YouTube that I've been too lazy to pop a DVD disc into my computer XD Now that they took it off, I'll watch the DVDs evetually, or until it premiers in the US again :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:44 pm

It makes me so sad that they just stopped the show. I guess after Flower died the ratings went down and they couldn't keep it going. it's just sad that it had to end so abruptly.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:56 pm

I believe that's why it stopped showing as well, along with the deaths of other beloved stars such as Mozart, Carlos and Kinkajou. Then came along season 4 which disappointed alot of loyal MM fans. Eventually, everyone learned about true events from the KMP and Flower book which could've also detered people from watching the show. I've noticed since the show took a turn for the worse, meerkat RP sites have been shutting down. I guess popularity in meerkats dropped as well after Flower's death. It sounds like meerkats are still popular in the UK though. I've noticed alot of meerkat documentaries have been premiering on their TVs but aren't showing here in the US.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:19 pm

I noticed the decline in meerkat rp too. The problem is that after a while members leave but without the show we lost a major way to get new people interested. So as people gradually leave it just shuts down, or in the case of my site no one joins (at least 20 people view it on a daily basis but I don't think anyone joins because it seems like an old one that shut down after the meerkat rush)
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 4:27 pm

Compare the Market's newish extremely catchy adverts for 'Compare the Meerkat' have soared the interest in meerkats here in the UK. So many people have been visting zoos to see the meekats that they are really expanding a lot of enclosures.

Aleksandr the meerkat in his little jaket is quite cute...
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:03 pm

I always found Aleksandr quite annoying. But that's just my personal opinion.

Over here, they only aired series one and the start of series two. They did play it in the middle of the day, but I never watched it cause I was always busy. I bought all the dvds off of ebay anyway, so I can watch them when I want. And the end of the year, when I have an eleven week holiday or something, I'm gonna have a MM fest, and all of the series again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 10:10 pm

I really do wish MM would return. :/ I've heard much rumor that the film crew is planning to return to the Kalahari to film season 5 this month or September, but, that was only popular rumor. I don't know for fact if that's true, but I hope so.
As for why the show went away so long in the first place, there's a lot of possible reasons. I know the ratings went down heavily on season four, for quite a few reasons: One, many people, including myself, really disliked Stockard as the new narrator. Two, like Yosh said, many people were finding the show too unaccurate after reading Flower's book, and becoming active at the KMP site. Three, I don't now this for a fact, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ratings collapsed after Flower died. I just really hope the show returns, but with more accurate information... they twisted the true story way too much, and even that annoyed me quite a bit about the show.

Meerkat RP's definitely declining to the extremes. Plenty of sites I know have shut down, and role-play used to be huge on YouTube. Even there, meerkat RP is basically non-existent now. But I'm not very surprised... meerkat RP on YT held way too many godmoders and powerplayers. I was glad to leave it and permanently stick to forums.

I too have seen meerkats seem to hold much more prominance in the UK, with the many documentaries, Aleksandr with Compare the Meerkat, etc. It's great to see the little guys are so respected there though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 3:47 am

I actually quite enjoyed series four. I had read many bad reviews on the internet, so I had quite low expectations for it. But when I watched it, it was much better than I thought it would be. (All of my dvds are narated by Bill Nighy. Although I watched one or two clips with Stockard Canning narrating and I didn't like her voice.)
The thing that annoyed me the most about the name changing was that it wasn't consistent. I mean, I can understand why you would want to change a name like Super Furry Animal into something easier for TV, like Daisy, but then there were other meerkats that were "renamed" Daisy. What I found with series four is that they reverted back to their actual KMP names. So, for example, instead of keeping with the name Rocky from series one, they called her Hawkeye in series four. I found it quite annoying anyway :/ Personally, if they had kept with the names that they gave them in earlier series, I think it might not have lost so much ratings, as viewers would have recognised the names and series four wouldn't have seemed so different. That's just what I think, anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 9:04 am

I too liked season four, but it wasn't my favorite of the seasons. Just... too much false information for my taste. Like Nikita; Zorilla took her role, after the Commandoes we formerly knew were already dead due to TB. And Sophie, that was really Ella, the new Whiskers' dominant, considering Tina Sparkle had become a loner after the Hoax died out. There was a lot of false information, especially with how they, like you said, gave all the meerkats new players. Like the Daisy we knew was no longer even Super Furry Animal, but Finn. I definitely agree- the sudden swap back to KMP names with certain meerkats was annoying, considering I'm sure it confused multiple people. I wasn't all too shocked the ratings declined.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm

YoshKatgirl wrote:
I believe that's why it stopped showing as well, along with the deaths of other beloved stars such as Mozart, Carlos and Kinkajou. Then came along season 4 which disappointed alot of loyal MM fans. Eventually, everyone learned about true events from the KMP and Flower book which could've also detered people from watching the show. I've noticed since the show took a turn for the worse, meerkat RP sites have been shutting down. I guess popularity in meerkats dropped as well after Flower's death. It sounds like meerkats are still popular in the UK though. I've noticed alot of meerkat documentaries have been premiering on their TVs but aren't showing here in the US.

after all these years they might just be able to play on the nostalgia factor and restart it.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 10:08 pm

Hopefully they do. I miss watching MM in the evenings on AP D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:25 pm

I re-watched some meerkat manor episodes recently. very nostalgic. I showed it to a friend who never saw it before, we saw an episode of season 3 and season 4, he said he realized why the show was so successful and why it went down the tubes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meerkat Manor on Youtube   Meerkat Manor on Youtube I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meerkat Manor on Youtube
Page 1 of 1