Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kalahari Central Map

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

Kalahari Central Map Empty
PostSubject: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 7:26 pm

Full Size
So this is semi-realistic. Deal with it. xD

The area lies on the border of a very small town. Meerkats only wander on the outskirts of the settlement, and forage near them, but don't let humans get too close... (that is one reason why I didn't draw it)
It also lies on farmland, on a game preserve, and near a mountain.
All four seasonal bodies of water are around for about a week or two after it rains, before they have dried up nearly completely.
Some areas are denser in vegetation than others... You can see where there is a higher concentration of trees, almost like a forest. Trees dot the rest of the landscape scarcely. Some plant matter also exists partway up the mountain, making foraging areas as well.

Another thing to keep in mind is that... Though there are fences there's no way to block meerkats from getting to the other side... X3

NOTES:
1. RAVINE: There is a very shallow ravine. It can be foraged within, but takes an adult or young adult to navigate... It's not deep though and not hard to cross or reach the bottom of.
2. DUNE SHELF: Off the ridge of the plains is a strip of sand dunes making their way to lower ground.
3. PLAINS: A raised area of flat land stretching for miles, with the exceptions of a seasonal lake and riverbed.
4: HILLS: The northern part of the plains and near the mountains are more elevated and hilly...
5: PLAINS RIDGE: At the edge of the plains in a small cliff... Though an adult meerkat could easily jump it, and a pup could be carried over.
6: RAVINE BRIDGE: There is a small bridge over the ravine... For the trains to cross. Though this is an easy way over, it's dangerous.

Here's the brushes I used for the different lines:
http://starraven.deviantart.com/art/Calligraphic-Cartography-Brush-153063338

Kalahari Central Map Kc_map2_by_pancakeshiners-d6ej0fq
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm

I like the idea of Kalahari Central. It sure sounds like it's going to be fun to role play at. 83 I'm looking forward to when it opens. ^^ By the way, the map looks awesome, Pan. =D
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Looks amazing. :3

I wish I was as talented as you with computer art. xP

Still need help with mob ideas\histories?
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 21, 2013 11:08 pm

I only have a single mob and they can't be formed right away, so yes, I would like that. ^^

The site should be able to open soon though! I just need to finish up the rules now and get some mobs. :3
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:19 pm

Ok, the rules are fixed up, now all I need are mobs... ^^'
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 3:42 pm

*Is tempted to suggest her own mob. XD*

This looks real promising Pan, can't wait for it to open. X3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kalahari Central Map   Kalahari Central Map I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kalahari Central Map
Page 1 of 1