Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! Empty
PostSubject: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:27 pm

DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! Happy_10
Yay! It's finally here! Desert Warriors first birthday!
I can't beleive that this time last year, I was just opening the site, worried that it would die within it's first weeks. I remember making it my goal that I would see it through it's first year, and for a long time, I honestly thought it wouldn't make it. But, WOW! I can't beleive that was a year ago!
I have a lot of people I'd like to thank. First off, my moderators:
Abt2700 - Thank you for staying with the site, even when there were only the two of us. You were such a help, and I'm sorry for all the whining and whinging that you had to listen to. (*Guilty Laugh*) If you had of left, then I would have abandonded the site and it never would have made it here today. Thanks so much!!
Little_Maybelline - Newest of our moderators, I am very glad that I chose to make you one! You have been such a help recently, helping me catch up when I've been away or had viruses and stuff. I don't know what I would've done without you! I know, should I be gone for a long period of time, I can always count on you to keep track of things Wink
Thank you, both of you, for being the greatest moderators in the world!
And of course, I would like to thank each and every one of my members, even the ones who had to leave, for being a part of the site and keeping it alive Very Happy If you guys had never joined, the site would have died ages back.

Anyway, enough of the boring speaches! Laughing
I was thinking to celebrate, I would hold a competition. The prize is the creation of your own mob, and thus the ninth mob of the desert! All you have to do, is write a reasonable sized paragraph about the mob's personality, and a reasonable sized paragraph about your FIRST meerkat (You can have others, but I only want one in the entry) in the mob. Whoever creates the most interesting mob wins! The rules are simple:

1. DO NOT post your entry in public. I will post all entrys at the end for everyone to read, and if you wish to tell others the name of your meerkats/mob then that is fine. Anyone who posts theirs public will not be included.
2. One post per player. Please don't do a joint mob thing, cause that would kinda complicate things.
3. Please no unnecesary violence.
4. All normal site rules still apply.

Anyone can enter. I was gonna ask the moderators to help me judge, but I decided that would be unfair cause they wouldn't be allowed to participate. So I have asked my brother (who is not a member of this site) to act as a guest judge, lol. I will be giving him each of the entries, and he will tell me which one he likes best, and they will be the winner. (I thought this was fairest cause he doesn't know any of you, he won't be able to pick his friend. He won't even be getting your names, just Entry One, Entry Two, so on and so forth.)
I haven't got time now, but later I will post two examples for you two read.
Anyway, have fun!
Dipsy lol!
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:08 am

Oooooooh yey what a cool idea...Do we have a closing date?

Aww Dipsy you didn't have to thank me it's been a pleasure helping you and the site. DW has nearly 200 characters and I'm really proud of everyone for playing such an active part in it's expansion and development. But in return I'd like to thank you without you opening the site and posting on the KMP's forum, I probably never would have found DW and the kind people it has brought together *Three Cheers for you Dipsy*
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:35 am

Aww, Thank Maybelline ^.^ usually I suck at putting how I feel into words, but I think I did pretty good this time (lol)
We do have a closing date, I actually forgot to post it this morning and realised after I had turned my computer off. I decided I would keep it open for three weeks, so it closes on the 17th of June.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:01 am

Yay!!! Okay. Time to celebrate *thinks of ideas for a mob*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:32 pm

Aww Dipsy, thank you so much! It has been my pleasure. But you should give yourself a big pat on the back; this whole site is a result of your hard work and determination. I'm so glad to have been part of it for a year. Please continue to ask me if you require any further assistance. As school ends, I'm becoming to get a life again Razz And maybelline, great job! thanks for having my back! I've been having a blast!!!
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks so much! Wink
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:24 pm

Hey, Dispy I think I should get some thanks. If it wqasn't for the link I put in my FF profile, Kusuma wouldn't be here...

Anyways, I'D LOVE TO ENTER!
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:26 pm

I did write a thanks to everyone of my members; I couldn't write a personal thanks to all of you cause It would take to long.
Anyway, it was there.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:31 pm

i know, I just like to bother you. xD Not really. Anyways, I'm still thinking, I think my mob might take a while. Is it okay if we make a mob out of other people's characters, because I have a few ideas in mind
Back to top Go down
Dipsy Tail Bonder
Admin
Dipsy Tail Bonder

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:12 am

What do you mean?
Back to top Go down
★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

★ ♥Kusuma♥ ★

Location : Hanging off the edge of a cliff... HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 11:22 pm

StormyMeerkat wrote:
Hey, Dispy I think I should get some thanks. If it wqasn't for the link I put in my FF profile, Kusuma wouldn't be here...

Anyways, I'D LOVE TO ENTER!

So true, thanks for helping me find this site StormyMeerkat. ^^
Back to top Go down
http://desertwarriorsexp.forummotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!   DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DESERT WARRIORS TURNS A YEAR OLD!
Page 1 of 1