Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Joestar: Dominant Male tryout

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Joestar: Dominant Male tryout Empty
PostSubject: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 11:31 am

Name:
Joestar
Possible Dominant Male of the Nightingale

Description
Pre-RP description:

Personality
Pre-RP Personality:
(Of course gonna edit this in the future after roleplaying with him for a bit)

History
Pre-RP History:

(Phew after hours on working on this i finally finished! anyways i'm not gonna list any family members here though because all of them are either deceased or unknown status and i don't really plan to use them in the future, however you can probably play as one of his pups if you want Razz)

RP Data
Height:
18 inches
Weight:
3.5 Pounds
Mob:
None. Possibly the Nightingales
Rover
Mate(s):
Unnamed wild females, possibly Lucille.
Pups:
Unknown number of pups.

Last edited by Moonbacon on Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:53 am; edited 17 times in total
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 11:53 am

I like him, he's quite interesting and you spent a huge amount of time on this. I can really tell, he has a lot of depth to him and that's what we're looking for in our characters. I haven't had time to read his history, I should when I get home ~

One thing, I can't seem to find it but I think he's much bigger than the KMP'a largest recorded meerkat. I think maybe making him a tad smaller (not much) might make it more realistic, that's nearly doubled a normal size.

Otherwise, looks great. Feel free to make more characters. ^^
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Wow! I really, really love the thought you put into this 'kat. ^^ He sounds really interesting too!

But as Stormy pointed out, his size is a bit... well, farfetched. He can still be a bit bigger than the average 'kat but not that huge. XD So, I'd say reduce his size a little bit but otherwise, this is looking fairly promising. ^^
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:08 pm

Alright reduced his size a bit.

By the way 20 inches which is the usual size for a meerkat is 1.6 in ft.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:24 pm

I thought a meerkat was just a mere foot tall?
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:46 pm

I guess 1.6 ft is as tall as they're known to get that or i put far too much trust on wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 8:49 pm

The largest meerkat ever recorded by the KMP was Osprey from the Lazuli mob. I can't find the info on his measurements on the KMP site, but they said he's the largest in weight.

Otherwise, Joestar sounds like an interesting individual. X3
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 9:05 pm

Maybe Wikipedia had up to the extreme outliers, i.e a 1.6 foot tall 'kat?
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 9:16 pm

Yea i think i'l just tone it down to 20 inches, big but not gigantic.

(Also guess what characters that Joestar was inspired off Razz

I almost named him Big Boss, Hannibal and Taka
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:35 am

Guess I'm a bit late...

As long as his size doesn't give him a significant advantage against other meerkats in a fight, it should be fine.

I really like his history... it's very realistic, even if it's not the most exciting of histories, it certainly keeps up with our new goals for the site.

I think that, if he gets the spot, he and Lucille would actually get along quite well, to be honest. They're similar in personality and method, and would certainly make good partners at best. I did want her to form a very close and loving relationship with her DM over time, but we'd have to see how they react to each other first... regardless, I look forward to seeing what happens.

However, Shadow does need a fair chance. I've let her know on Skype, so we'll see what happens~
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 9:24 am

I always thought his backstory was boring and bland but then again, they're meerkats and don't need a giant grand story. (Also forgot to clarify that he was DM of his little group for a year)

Also placed his Pre-RP info in spoiler boxes because i like to keep things organized and not confusing, however any development he gains through roleplaying wont be in spoiler boxes er depending if it becomes a big wall of text or not.

Edit:

I made him 21 inches and 4 pounds now...

Though he may lose or gain weight in the RP depending on weather or not the mob is starving due to a drought and such. Eating just ants and ant larvae wont be enough to keep him at a stable 4 pound weight but then again he doesn't usually prey on those anyways but even then small mammals wont be that available during bad droughts.

Swear this is the last time i'l change it

Edit #2:

Added a minor detail about the scars on his body. "He also has a few of smaller, a bit less noticeable scars around his body such as bite marks on the back of his head, faint, black scratch marks around his nuzzle and arms." and added his tail length. "his tail is around 7.8 inches"

In the light of the new rule i just reverted him back to being 20 inches tall and weighing around 3.6 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 12:35 am

I find no issues with this character.  

Accepted, 1/2
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Accepted 2/2

I adore him! I can't wait to see him in action. <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joestar: Dominant Male tryout   Joestar: Dominant Male tryout I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joestar: Dominant Male tryout
Page 1 of 1