Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dominant Tryouts!

Go down 
+6
Moonbacon
little_maybelline
StormyMeerkat
Pancake
Meyerm
Taakah
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 1:17 pm

Hello everyone! We've already seen a couple bios go up, so it's about time we make it official: we're holding tryouts for the dominant spots! Here you'll find specific information, such as what we're looking for and things to keep in mind, as well as a list of the different entries so far.

So, here's how it's gonna work.

1. The first step, of course, is to submit your profile to the appropriate forum.  You may either tryout for dominant male or female.
  2. Secondly, we're gonna give enough time for enough candidates to pop up... there's no deadline right now, but we may set one if we think it's necessary.
  3. This is gonna be a decision made by all members, so I'm thinking we hold a little discussion on each role... and after a little bit, we'll hold a poll for each one as well.  This will determine the final decisions, and ensure that everyone is on pretty much the same page.

Here are some tips for your entries, based off what we're looking for.

• I would definitely suggest taking a look at this topic, as it really states what we look for in a meerkat.  Every entry needs to conform to our rules, just like any character.
  • The goal is to have dominants that fit the group, and will move the mob in the direction we want them to go.  So try to aim for that.
  • It helps when your character is detailed, developed, and unique.  This doesn't mean a wall of text, or an entry that's perfect and could win a nobel prize... what it does show is that you put effort into your character, and shows that you're taking this seriously.  Playing a dominant is definitely a responsibility, and you shouldn't try out just to get a special spot, though naturally I don't think we have anyone here who would actually do that.  In any case, having an interesting and developed leader really helps any roleplay, so I would suggest putting effort forward.  I'm happy to make suggestions and help you if you need it.  But I also know some people have trouble writing bios, so we'll understand if that's the case... don't push yourself too hard!
  • Currently, we're only allowing one dominant per person, but if we have trouble we may raise it.  We have 6 spots open, after all.  However, you can tryout for as many as you want, you just can't be given more than one.

Now, you may be wondering, what are the responsibilities of playing a dominant, and what happens after you get the spot? What kind of power do you have?

Well, there's the usual... dominants accept new members of their same gender, are in charge of leading their mob out to forage and back home at the end of the day.  Dominants also have the power to evict subordinates, kill subordinate pups and enemy pups within a certain time period (as well as those who have been condemned), and are in charge of whether they go into battle, scent marking and attempting to steal land, etc.  It's expected that this power is used reasonably, and that the dominant is played actively.  If you're busy it's a good idea to have your dominants covered, or if necessary, overthrown completely if you no longer have the time.  It won't be held against you... things happen.

After you're given the spot, the main thing that needs to be decided is how the mob starts.  One of the following, or another if someone gets an idea, will be chosen by the players of the two dominants as the mob's origin:

1. The usual, formed by evicted females and rovers, with a minimum of 3 original members.  May or may not include the dominant female.
2. A split from a wild group, with the dominant female being the one that started it, preferably with 4 members following her.
3. Once one of the largest and most successful wild groups in the area, but after the dominant pair died the group struggled and started to die off.  Then disease struck, killing off all but 3-4 members, only one of which was born into the group (not adopted yet).  Does not have to include the dominant female.

Of course, everything is flexible, so don't feel limited by these options!

Aaaaand finally, here are the current submissions!

Zephy for Fiddle Nip DM (Stormy)
Wendy for Fiddle Nip DF (Night)
Ares for Puzzle DF (Meyerm)
Pyramose for Puzzle DM (Taakah)
Lucille for Nightingales DF (Pancake)
Joestar for Nightingales (Moonbacon)

Last edited by Pancake on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 7:04 pm

Updated! Though Taakah's entry isn't done yet~
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 7:08 pm

I'll have it done by tonight!
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 7:21 pm

Sweet : D
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:24 pm

His bio is basically finished- I tried to hurry, therefore I will be going back and editing & improving his bio later~ But his personality and history is done. I just need to decide on his appearance Mad
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:41 pm

Cool. We're going for a more realistic rp though so nothing crazy with the appearance.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 4:51 pm

Updated!

We seriously need more tryouts HA
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 5:44 pm

I was expecting more applicants for Puzzles, lol.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:00 pm

The Puzzles already have more characters than the other two though xD
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 9:06 pm

I'll be making more characters for the Fiddlenips and the Nightingales, so hopefully that'll even out the mobs :p

I can't wait for the dominants to be chosen so we can start roleplaying! Mad I'm so hyped up to start xD
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 11:44 pm

Well now that the rules are done, things should go quicker

*goes to advertise on dA*
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:07 am

And, perhaps other general Animal RPGs/ sites? I'll do some in my free time. Chicken smoothie?
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 8:56 am

We need a banner! (:

Perhaps I can find someone to draw one up for us, unless you guys would like to make one~

My laptops broken so I haven't been able to art in ages ;-;
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 9:18 am

Aaaah I wish I could draw one, but I just don't have the time.  If you could find someone though, that would be great!
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:01 pm

I am going to withdraw from submitting a character for a dominant tryout spot as I am putting a lot of time in getting Josephine's bio together ready for RPing again.
I will maybe submit my intended character as a subordinate when I have more time to put together and pad out ideas for a brand new character.

I wish everyone who does apply the best of luck as all the bio's currently submitted are fantastic and really interesting.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 1:14 am

When trying for a DM position does the male have to be a subordinate male or rover?
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 1:57 am

Currently the groups haven't been formed and it hasn't been decided how the dominants came to be in the groups yet. If you look under the application that have already been submitted you will find everyone has filled out a history and if chosen will then add at the bottom a final update for their new dominant and likely how they feel about their new partner.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 2:51 am

Ah so that means i can have a rover character who is trying for a DM position for a mob?
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:04 am

Yes in their history a character can have been a rover who left their natal group maybe due to age, leaving with relatives or may have even been forced out their group due to being the only related male left in a dwindling group after the drought event. Ideas can be totally up to you. We just ask for some character depth, especially for a dominant role application as these are played roles where we expect members to have some responsibility and a respect for those who will play subordinates.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:10 am

Alright will do My character is totally not gonna be a Jim Bob/Hannibal wannabe with having one eye.

On a side note, are like the Meerkat Manor mobs and characters known here or never existed? or just mere legends?
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:31 am

No we have nothing at all to do with Meerkat Manor characters like Flower, Zaphod etc, we are just a realistic meerkat roleplay group where our groups and characters were created and used together to form a meerkat society in the Kalahari.
Our old mobs and the site history can be found in the archive section and that is our only background information that may ever be referred back to as some members like myself will be bringing some old characters across the event divide to reside in the new groups to continue their life.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 3:34 am

Ah alright sounds cool.

I for some reason feel a odd sense of Deja Vu browsing this site, like i have been on it before but don't remember.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 6:40 am

What mob are you interested in?
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:07 am

The Nightingales Smile
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 7:40 am

Cool. ^^

Another user, Shadow, was creating a character for the application, but we haven't heard from her in a while. We still are going to wait before we vote on the dominants so you both will have a fair chance at the spot. Sound good?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dominant Tryouts! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominant Tryouts!   Dominant Tryouts! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dominant Tryouts!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Warriors RPG :: General :: Rules-
Jump to: