Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xylaeth | Loner

Go down 
+2
Pancake
StormyMeerkat
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Taakah

Taakah

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 2:02 am

Xylaeth
(Xy-lay-eth)

| ♂ | Loner | appeared at 4 years old, born October 31 |

Physique
Xylaeth roughly weighs a massive 3.5 pounds, and
measures 18 inches long. His generally cannibalistic diet
only aides in his size. He wears a dark golden brown pelt,
striped with darker brown and black markings on his back.
His cold eyes are also a deep brown, with a crimson hue to
them. Nasty gashes run from the top of his head, over his
left eye and down to his left lip. Nearly an inch of skin is
missing from there, giving him a permanent snarl. This only
makes him all the more frightening.

- -

Personality
A socially awkward meerkat, Xylaeth's limited interactions with
his own kind has impaired his speech skills. He talks with a deep,
raspy bark, using three or four words rather than a full sentence.
This really does prove to be a task for him, and so he frustrates
himself when he tries to talk- which is why he usually won't say a
word at all.

Xylaeth can simply be described as a pig. Indifferent to anyone and
anything but himself, he will only do something if it benefits him. He
views anything else that walks or breathes as scum, and believes he's
better than anyone else. A very apathetic individual, Xylaeth takes others
feelings in consideration only... Never. He finds it funny when others are in
pain or upset, and won't hesitate to belittle them for anything appearing as
a weakness. Ate up by intense hatred and a slight mental disorder, this
meerkat isn't the best company to have around... Especially because of his
diet.

This twisted male has a deep fascination with his own kind-
but in the worst way. Xylaeth will eat bugs, but on more than a few
occasions, he likes to spice things up.... He absolutely enjoys the
taste of tender meerkat meat, and even more so the chasimg and
catching of this delicacy. He has made a sort of game out of this fettish
over the years, each time trying something a little different. Choosing a
tasty looking victim, he makes himself visible to them for a few days prior
to his attack. These visits are accompanied with his trademark cold, blank
and hungry stares. He then proceeds to stalk his 'prey', singling them out
then carrying them off to be tortured before he decides to finally eat.

- -

History
   There had always been something rather... off about Xylaeth, first son of the neglective, somewhat abusive, and widely resented dominant female Surama. Even as a pup, his mob mates often went well out of their way to avoid him. Something just wasn't right with the kid... The creepy stares followed by drooling, randomly biting anyone who came near him, the preference for lizards and meaty snacks rather than the usual insect- Terrifying. As Xylaeth aged, he taught himself many of the things that were supposed to be passed on from the older meerkats- For his family certainly wasn't going to have a thing to do with it if it meant interacting with him. This, of course, only added to his 'problems'.
   The days went on, and so did Xylaeth's bad habits. The attacks were beginning to be the worst of all- He was now seriously wounding some of his mob mates. This didn't exclude his siblings, as they were the main ones he took out his anger of being shunned upon. A solid fear began to spread through the mob, yet no one dared to confront him- especially not Surama. She was beyond proud of anything that was hers, and refused to recognize her eldest's actions. And had any meerkat been lucky enough to come with proof, she would brush them off. Unfortunately, this would only cause her more trouble than he had ever before...
   On a warm night, the dominant female's second litter was safely delivered. Ray, the popular and beloved pupsitter of the mob was to be on duty the next day. A rough sniffing of her new litter was all Surama offered before leading her meerkats off to forage. No one was unthankful that Xylaeth was lagging behind that day, and no one even noticed when he stopped and turned around.
   Ray was underground, curled around the mob's future. As the minutes passed, she dozed off. The poor girl hadn't a clue that her fate was halfway down the tunnel that held her and the pups. Finally, he was upon the brats. Xylaeth stood tall above the pretty pupsitter, sleeping with his new siblings. He gave a toothy grin. She would be no match for him, and when she was dead he could finally go through with the thing he had been waiting to try since he could remember. His deep thoughts caused him to drool, and he felt it fall from his mouth onto Ray.
   She woke and gasped, whipping her head around to see the very thing of her nightmares- Him. The fear and dread ran from her throat to her paws, rooting her in place. Xylaeth smirked. "Hello, Ray. I'm so glad you could celebrate this moment with me- I can't tell you how long I've been waiting to try this..." She could only manage a tremble and a squeak of the words she couldn't utter. "No need to speak, I could care less about anything you have to say. But I do wonder what that pelt of yours is hiding from me..." His dark crimson orbs trailed to her shoulder, and his dripping lips withdrawaled from his teeth.
   Surama led her mob back home as the sun began to fall back to earth. She hadn't eaten well, and was being especially aggressive because of it. Finally, she felt the ground declining beneath her paws and she briskly made her way to her pups. Her stride was cut short as a horrible feeling passed over her. The female's fur stood on end and she began to growl, yet continued down the tunnel. The smell of blood saturated her nose, and made her crazy with panic. Surama now charged down the tunnel, nearly slamming into Xylaeth.
   Her son slowly turned his head, one of her pups dangling between his deadly teeth. Her gaze traveled to the ground, and she stared at Ray's dismembered body. And then at her three other pups, who were now undistinguishable. She looked back at Xylaeth, watching her last baby squirm before gazing into his eyes with a horrified expression plastered on her face. "Xy...you..." She couldn't find her words, and so he spoke instead. Xylaeth gazed at his mother, a deranged grin spreading across his bloody face. "You finally see, mom. They were right all along."
     Munch.

- -

Relatives:
Surama |  Mother | Unknown fate

Offspring:
He hasn't kept track(;

Last edited by Taakah on Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 pm; edited 24 times in total
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 5:16 am

((I've decided to continue playing Xylaeth- I rewrote his entire bio, but kept it along the same lines. This time I kept him as realistic as possible- the average size of a meerkat is 1.5 lbs, so I made him roughly 2.8- almost 2x the size of a regular meerkat, as well as almost 2 feet long.))
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 11:40 am

I think he'd be a perfect DM for the Nightingales....
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:04 pm

Perhaps, but he'd have to work around his diet.. It could happen but I'd have to come up with something. xD
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:30 pm

I don't really know about that... the Nightingales aren't exactly pure evil so I'm not sure how well he would do there. I certainly know that if I got the DF spot, Lucille wouldn't really like him. xD

But try out, by all means! c:
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:34 pm

Well, perhaps with his diet and all his best spot is as a rover. I just kind if had a spur of the moment idea, given the mob seems to be generating low interest.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 12:36 pm

No worries~

You're right though. Our poor Nightingales need more love <w<
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 7:58 pm

If the DM spot for them isn't filled out soon, then perhaps he could save his appetite for non Nightingale meerkats- On the down low, so he wouldn't be found out >Smile
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:13 pm

Idk, maybe xD All I can say is that I don't think that Lucille would like him either way, and she'd probably want nothing to do with him if she found out.  Oo
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 12:32 pm

Updated everything.

I do need some opinions of his size, I made him as large as I could while being realistic as possible.

Thanks guys!
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Large characters are impressive and fun, but perhaps if people desire to play a large character we should consider enforcing a limitation on size. Like, the size shouldn't exceed a certain amount of inches. Razz
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:50 pm

I honestly think we shouldn't go larger than 18 inches.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:52 pm

I believe the average meerkat is approximately 12 inches tall, so 18 inches would be fine with me. :3 Beyond 20 inches sounds a bit too large for a meerkat in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:02 pm

I agree with Yosh on height, maybe 3.5 pounds for weight? I think most 'kats weigh only two.

Last edited by StormyMeerkat on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:03 pm

18 would be 1.5 the normal length so I think it's reasonable... any objections? If not I think we should make it a rule and enforce it
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:12 pm

3.5 pounds sounds fine with me. :3 Yeah, I agree that we should enforce this rule.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:26 pm

I agree there. So Moonbacon will need to tweak Joestar's bio as well. This rule should help with realism.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:32 pm

Alright, I'll go ahead and add it into the rules, and we can go ahead and consider it official.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Was thinking that it'd also help keep power playing in check. I would imagine that if a meerkat 20 inches or larger were to body slam or harshly collide with a regular sized meerkat, the force of the impact could potentially inflict critical injuries, which may affect plots the player may have had planned for that character.

Sounds good. :3
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 pm

*Reads posts*

*Quietly edit Joestar's height and weight and made him weight around 3.6 pounds and makes him just 20 inches tall*

You know, i feel that Joestar and Xylaeth have to meet each other at some point
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 3:20 am

We actually made it no taller than 18 inches, so you'll have to bump it down a bit, but yeah.
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:09 am

Alright edit it hopefully for the last time now Razz.
Back to top Go down
Taakah

Taakah

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:52 pm

I definitely think that should be a rule, as well as the amount of extra large characters. Every 10 people only 2, or something of the sort.

And only time can tell, moon! Wink
Back to top Go down
Moonbacon

Moonbacon

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:34 pm

Well i don't there should be a limit on big kats' because Xylaeth and Jaestar are currently the biggest kats' around at the moment.

If more and more 18 inches sized meerkats popping up then i think a limit should be added but for now everything seems fine.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:42 pm

Zephy is around 17 inches.. I didn't want him to be considered as big as some of the monsters like Joestar and Xylaeth. I think the most likely thing now is the next supersized males will be these guys's offspring, given genetics and all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Xylaeth | Loner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xylaeth | Loner   Xylaeth | Loner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xylaeth | Loner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next