Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Swift Puzzles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pancake

Pancake

Swift Puzzles Empty
PostSubject: Swift Puzzles   Swift Puzzles I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 11:03 pm

Swift is one of Prince's sisters from the same litter.  Her mother was a subordinate, and her father was a notorious rover.  Because of the dominant's litter being around the same age and her mother's status, they weren't given a whole lot of priority or attention.    Things got more difficult once they were weaned, because their mother was evicted, and there weren't really any adults looking after the pups exclusively anymore.  A day later, her brother Runner disappeared, unknowingly taken away by their father El-ahrairah.

Growing up was tough.  Although they were taught all the necessary skills that a meerkat needs, it was not done as attentively and when it came to food, the other pups would pick on them and put them in their place.  They had to work harder, and many of the other members acted cold and aloof towards them, including their older sister, who would only cuddle or feed them when no one was looking.  It was hard, but at least they found comfort in eachother.  In particular, Swift was closest to Prince.  He was the most distant and shy of the litter, and the two formed a very close bond.  She wasn't as close with Digger, but they still spent a lot of time together.

And then the day came when Prince decided to leave... Swift was heartbroken.  Prince was her brother, he best friend and she would feel so lost without him.  But Prince in particular had been affected the worst growing up, and really wanted to find a place where he felt he could belong.  He loved his sister, but ended up leaving anyway.  Swift spent the past year getting over what she felt was almost a betrayal, before she ended up leaving herself, searching for a new place to call home.

Swift's personality is pretty much open... though I do know she developed into a strong, tolerant individual who doesn't like rovers of any kind, because of the problems they create for resulting pups.  She probably holds a bit of a grudge against her brother, but still cares about him, as their bond is extremely close.

Swift's appearance is also open, though she should hold some resemblance to her brother.

I don't really want to force this character on anyone.  I want her to go to a player who thinks they can handle her actively and pretty well.  I'm open to any changes or ideas for her character, if you think it would help.  Her main plot is that she's part of the reason that Prince leaves the Fiddle Nips... they meet in battle and as he's already not liking being a DM, decides to leave for the Puzzles instead.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Swift Puzzles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swift Puzzles   Swift Puzzles I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 5:48 am

I'm just trying to solidify some ideas, do you have a particular colour palette scheme for the family? So I can keep her in resemblance.
Has Swift been in any past groups and have any other relationships apart from the ones shared with Prince?

I will send though any questions a bit later when I get to the history.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Swift Puzzles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swift Puzzles   Swift Puzzles I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 2:31 pm

Well, in particular I don't plan on giving any of my meerkats designs... but he does have a description that you could go off:

• Prince's fur is very pale, but he has dark, expressive eyes to add contrast
  • His eye patches are large and also dark
  • The lighter fur on his head forms two eye spots, similar to a dog's
  • His tail tip is a bit more rusty rather than the usual black color
  • A couple scratches extend under his left eye and over his muzzle, given by a female he tried to revisit, but she was angry for getting her evicted so attacked him
  • He has a black dot just behind and a little lower than his right ear, easily missed

To be honest, my characters are strictly realistic and I'm sure Swift would be the same.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Swift Puzzles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swift Puzzles   Swift Puzzles I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 2:39 pm

Maybe instead of a design I will just describe her features and colourings without pinpointing a precise colour palette like you have done for Prince.

I was intending on keeping her markings as realistically as possible, she will be pale to keep a family resemblance and i haven't decided on other areas of markings yet. I'm still waffling through Kit's history.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Swift Puzzles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swift Puzzles   Swift Puzzles I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 3:08 pm

His defining features, that you can copy or not, are his darker eye patches, patches and ear marks that stretch and almost touch on one side, a tiny black speck, and a rusty tail tip.  Eye color is up to you though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swift Puzzles Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swift Puzzles   Swift Puzzles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Swift Puzzles
Page 1 of 1