Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Morning Glory's Pups

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Morning Glory's Pups Empty
PostSubject: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:56 am

Ok so for the current opening of the new RP day Morning Glory has 5 pups. I have opened this thread for anyone who wants to express interest in owning one. There will be Hyacinth's pups likely born and open for adoption on the next day also.

1. Unnamed, TBC - Eclipse
2. Robyn, Female - LM (I can drop if someone else would like the spot)
3. Ailin, Male - Stormy

**********************************************************************************

I am still happy for this litter to be killed off in a burrow raid by another dominant female, I think it could help ease the pressure for our loyal members to pick up even more characters and I would hate to see them adopted and then no one have time to play the characters so they end up just ignored and dispersed anyway. I think it's a good thing that she has something that sets her apart from the other dominant females and members sympathise when things aren't going well, if she was successful like Running Star would she be as memorable?
I still feel strongly that although it's another major blow for her and Stratus I would love to read about AntebellumXNemo having a chance to be parents and also allowing Night to develop JadeXHyacinth.
Also if it's Teetsie that leads the attack it could be a plot that really gets morale behind the dwindling Midnights. If Pancake's selected characters are dispersed then Teetsie with 8 adults could have an excellent reason for wanting to hit hard at the 18 strong TK's.

I will leave it open for suggestions if everyone opposes and wants the litter to live then I can't argue. I would love to know if Kusuma has any character development ideas for Stratus as he is the loyal father and if anyone else has any ideas for the Tiny Kats to keep them being enjoyable to RP.

Last edited by little_maybelline on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Maybe she has a large litter and say she gives birth to 5 and three are killed? I'd feel terrible killing off all her pups again. D:

And Eclipse and I agreed we want to give Nemo and Antebellum to develop a relationship before having pups. So the pups would at least be three weeks or so before they even began to talk about having a family. :3
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:58 am

It's ok Stormy I respect your wishes and thoughts, I'm quite overwhelmed that so many of the Tiny Kats already love the pups.
I will open 5 pups and then see if naturally they get interest or they don't. Maybe that will decide their fate without any intervention. I don't know if I will adopt one.

Last edited by little_maybelline on Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31, 2013 11:01 pm

If you still wish for the plot to happen, it could, but Teetsie wouldn't kill more than 2. I wouldn't have the heart to. xP
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 2:19 am

They haven't had much interest so far so maybe a plot will have to go ahead or over the next day skip we can just say they were taken/killed by wild individuals so you don't feel any pressure to do things you don't want your character to do.
I still might keep a female calico one.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 4:52 pm

I think they just don't know about it... I'm sure they would be adopted.

Would a male pup be able to inherit the calico gene?
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Well, 'kats aren't really felines since they're in the weasel family, since with domesticated house cats, only the females inherit the calico gene, same goes for tortoise shell cats. So who knows... we could change that with 'kats just for the heck of it? Or keep it only females to keep it unique. Who knows. All I know is, I turned Emerald into one so she at least looks like she's apart of MG's family. XD
Back to top Go down
Eclipse

Eclipse

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Ooooo, could I adopt one LG? Smile
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:35 am

Of course you may Eclipse, I have reserved you one on the list. Just need to know name and gender.

Night is correct Stormy, whilst it is true in domestic felines it's not in meerkats. It was a unique idea for pelt colouration that I thought might work as MG and her mother are based on real Calico cats. I can change it so that it can apply to all genders and that all pups can have the complete patchwork pelt. I don't know what Stratus looks like to know how much influence he has in the mix. I'm certainly not going into genetics on this one it was just a thought so I could work out inherited colour ideas for the rest of the family tree for the site.

I think I am going to adopt a female and name her Robyn. Her markings will be a grey blob over one eye and an orange one over the other that meet on top of her head. Similarly the majority of orange on her back thighs only with a small grey band on lower back and on tail (Like MG's). She is predominantly the pale colour everywhere else.

Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 11:14 am

Alright, hmmm. I'll take a male named Ailin. :3 I've never had a pup of MG's before, I couldn't help myself.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 12:56 pm

I'll add you to the list in a minute Stormy Smile
I think I might open the pelt colourings to everyone so then it will be a bit fairer and will let everyone decide on what colour pelts they would like their character to be. Maybe the ratio of grey/orange/white can vary between the genders.

Blazer is MG's son also, you are welcome to have him back at any time if you change your mind about him.
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:43 pm

I'm not taking part in this...
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 2:48 pm

That's ok Pancake I understand.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Erm, I know I'm new, but I used to RP on here back when the website was still a baby (kind of still is but whatever). I actually roleplay on another website and I can stay committed to a serious member of anything, I have nothing else to do with my time xD So, if there is still a pup left, I'd like a female named Lylac. If not, then my journey continues.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2014 2:04 pm

Hi Lylac, welcome to the site. Sorry I have been away with the holiday season. Of course you are welcome to adopt a pup of you are still interested in joining us on the Tiny Kat section of the website.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Morning Glory's Pups   Morning Glory's Pups I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Morning Glory's Pups
Page 1 of 1