Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Updating Boards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:03 am

What happened to all the mob pictures? On several websites they've vanished... o.o Also, I think it's time we update mob synopsis\dominant lists. Like instead of just saying "splinter" we should give them personalities like the original mob, that is unless the groups will one day reunite.

Phantoms- Formed by ex-Blizzards members, this family is not one to easily defeat. They're eerie, creepy, and vicious. Led by Cyan and Casper

Reapers- Formed by ex-Blizzards, they're vicious and dark hearted, yet not all are evil. Beware, soft ones don't last long here. Led by Stormy and Gunthram.

Jumaa- A wild mob that moved into the area, the Jumaa are a close-knit family band with large hearts and kindred souls. Led by Aliya and ?Duke?

The Willows- This mob was relaxed and easy going, but their behaviors are unclear now as they are under new leadership. Led by Lumina and temporarily Lucky. (It doesn't have to say temporarily, but that makes it clear I don't really intend on keeping him dominant)

The Midnights- This mob is one scary and eerie bunch, but not all of them have dark hearts. Led by Teetsie and Makuta\Varjack. (Makuta's acting as DM temporarily, but Varjack is Teetsie's mate now and Pancake says once Makuta feels they're back on their feet Varjack will become full DM)

Comets- A Large splinter of the Tiny Kats, this mob is about as feisty and fierce as the Tiny Kats themselves. Led by Jupiter and Neiphi

Tiny Kats- same blurb. Led by Morning Glory and ??? Someone is playing Stratus, I do believe..

Note, this is just a suggestion. None of it has to be taken seriously, but it would help new members along, and some of the older ones who might return and be confused by all the dominance changes.

Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 am

The pictures that were missing were originally put on the site by Dipsy and were from Animal Planet. This section of their website must have been removed now as when I checked a while ago it just said it was unavailable.
The images of the Comets and John Does I think is connected to my Photobucket account which is why they are still up but as for the others I have no idea.

If everyone wants to look for suitable new images that are appropriate and not copyrighted to someone I can shrink them and upload as icons to the site.
Same with the new blurbs if everyone is happy to agree then they can easily be changed.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 11:51 am

Yeah, I suspected they were removed for copyright reasons. The government seems to have been really cracking down on copyright violations lately. I suspect SOPA may be in the process of reemerging and may make another attempt to destroy our lives on the internet once again. Those persistent stubborn PITAs (pain in the a$$es). >.> I'm sure there's websites with meerkat pictures we can use without risking the possibility of violating copyright infringements. =3
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:07 pm

I'm playing Stratus for the Tiny Kats, and seeing as Kusuna looks as if she won't return, I've decided to adopt him.

And I've been wondering about the images myself. XD There's plenty of meerkat images we can use, some of us could even save them and upload them so they can't be removed unless the host does.

And the updating to the mobs sounds good too. I think the plan was with the Tiny Kats and Comets was, they were gonna reunite, but to prevent a super mob, Jupiter decides to keep the Comets as an official mob and that the Comets and Tiny Kats will be allies and help one another out if they ever need help. That's what I think that was the original plan, unless its been changed.
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

I think that is still the plan for the TK's/Comets although they were meant to reunite briefly on the day after the last RP day but due to inactivity and revival we can prepare for it for the next one now that all groups have dominants and group activity again.
Back to top Go down

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:29 pm

Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:38 pm

I love the picture Poops. So much. x3
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:41 pm

I think Wiki's will be ok, other than that MM screenshots could be a way to go if they are clear.
I will see how this one scales down as icon size when i get back to my desktop next week.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 3:45 pm

I could attempt to resize it but I'm scanning for images at the moment. What's the dimensions for icons Maybelline? (:
Back to top Go down
Pancake

Pancake

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:18 pm

I could make them...
Back to top Go down
little_maybelline

little_maybelline

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 4:24 pm

They aren't massive, but without my desktop where i saved the original icon I made I can't see what size it is. It's not a link to a site though so you should be able to copy and paste the Comets icon and use it as a template.
I don't mind if you both want to make a couple, as soon as i have a host link to the image I can update it in the admin section.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2013 5:49 pm

Maybelline and to anyone else who would like to know, the dimensions of the existing images are 100 x 100 pixels. So not too hard to resize! ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updating Boards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updating Boards   Updating Boards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Updating Boards
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Desert Warriors RPG :: Help Corner :: Site Archive :: Old Posts :: Old Roleplay Talk-
Jump to: