Desert Warriors RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Three mobs of warriors live in the Kalahari, struggling to survive the harsh surroundings and recover from the severity of the harshest drought. Choose your meerkats and live the life of a Desert Warrior!

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

maybee moving..?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 1:13 am

i might be moving to a place in americka called luisianna? it sounds pretty cool. anyone live there? is it big? what is americka like? is it like france? are people nice there? my papi got a job and we are moving to there! i can't wait to make new frinds and maybe go to an americkan school Smile

any tips or something?
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 3:10 pm

Louisiana is one of the 50 states, located along the coast of the gulf of Mexico. I live further up north along one of the great lakes, so I can't tell what it's like there. This is just going by what I see day to day, but America is... eh, not the best it has been. There's nice people though, mostly.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 4:21 pm

Louisiana is a state in our county, in the south, known for the rich swamps and folklore of black magic. (At least I do, me being the supernatrual researcher that I am) It got hit pretty bad by a hurricane... Louisiana is prone to those.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 pm

what is a hurrycane? does anyone here live there?
Back to top Go down
Night

Night

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 10:55 am

A hurricane is a big wind storm. Not too deadly, but it can knock trees over and such. Seeing how I live in California, only thing I have to deal with is major heat. But I wish you luck if you move, moving is never easy.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Yes, hurricanes are powerful tropical storms that form in warmer parts of the ocean and often hit coasts. But don't worry. They're not everyday things people there see.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:28 pm

i told Papi about those hurricanes. he said he knows, but hopefully we wont get hit by one or get hurt by one. we are offically moving to U.S.A on the twentieth of February. we will start the move in a few days. so i might not get on until March first, maybe.
Back to top Go down
YoshKatgirl

YoshKatgirl

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 8:42 pm

I live in the nothern part of the US in a state called Pennsylvania that also borders the great lakes. The US is a great country but it has it's flaws with the government and people tending to be arrogant and ignorant but a good chunck of the US population is accepting and friendly. I've never been to Lousiana but I've heard people down south are friendly. Yeah the southern part of the US is prone to hurricanes during the summer and fall months but they rarely hit land. I wish you luck with your moving process:)
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 pm

Yeah. Greed, corruption, and ignorance are basically the three biggest problems here right now. It all traces back to Washington D.C. Anyways, America still has it's upsides. Freedom of speach and a diverse culture to name a few.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 08, 2011 11:00 pm

thanks, yoshikatgirl

and what is a washington, meyerm?
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 1:25 am

Washington is where the President lives (I think). I'm Australian so I actually don't know a lot about America.
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 3:06 pm

Washington D.C. is America's capital. Like the Paris of America, only less glamorous and more consumed in politics.
Back to top Go down
StormyMeerkat

StormyMeerkat

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 09, 2011 10:13 pm

Life as an immigrant could be hard at first. But there should be plenty of southern hospitality for you!
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey!! I live in Louisiana! Do you know what part of the state you're moving to, or anything? Like, city? I live in New Orleans ^^ If you have any specific questions, I can definitely answer them Very Happy
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:53 pm

so this america is not fabou? and why is it consumed in political views, instead of peoples' wellfares?

and youssy, hello bud, i am moving to a place named kenner?? i think that what my papi said. he said it is near chalmette and new orlands. i might be homeschooled. what is a un-homeschooled school like? is it big? are there alot ef frinds? tell me alot, please.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 11:55 pm

the main reason we are moving to kenner is because a it is of french backgrounding. i am scared to move there =S
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Hm, I know where Kenner is but I don't know a lot about it. If you really want French background, move to the French Quarter in New Orleans (but that's really expensive sooo xD). But I think Kenner is NEAR the French-ish areas but I think it's more...modern, not really historical. But it's close to New Orleans Very Happy But I'm really bad at the geography of this area so...I'm probably not right. xD

I personally don't know about homeschooling, because I've never been homeschooled. I have friends who are/were homeschooled though. As for non-homeschools, it kind of depends what kind of school you go to. Public schools are free, but the ones down here are really bad and don't give a good quality of education and can be dangerous concerning the violence and drugs. :/ There's also Catholic and private schools, which are safer and give better education, but they're REALLY expensive. There are a few good public schools (I go to one of them xD) but I don't think if you live in Kenner, you can go to my school Sad

Ummm there's more but I have to go right now! I'll come back and type more (:
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Tikk-Tokk wrote:
so this america is not fabou? and why is it consumed in political views, instead of peoples' wellfares?

To answer your question, the leaders of America generally don't care about the people unless it involves them achieving greater power/wealth. Actually my state's ex-governor is still on trial for trying to sell the senate seat previously held by our current president. But once you get past the screwed up leadership America is a good country with awarding experiances! Don't let that ruin your time you'll be spending here.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:38 pm

Oh yeah Louisiana is known for its corrupt politicians LOL.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:08 pm

thank you. I don't thin'k money is a huge object for us, but I don't want to live in a big place. i want a smaller, few bedroom home. What are these drugs? Like the doctors' perscriptions? do they make you get medicine for nothing? My papi said i probably will go to a privatte school.... if we do move... now we arent 100% anymore :/ ... personal reasons...
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:19 pm

I live in alabama, close to Louisiana . I am homeschooled . MANY advantages ! i do miss going to meet people at public school , but it is much easier and i get better grades . you can PM me for more HS questions Smile
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 am

If you want to live in a smaller place, one of the suburbs of New Orleans is definitely best. But, do you mean small in size of the house or how many people in the area?

Drugs are kind of like the prescription drugs (well, not really, but I'm not sure how to explain drugs xD) but they're illegal and do very bad things to your body. If anybody offers you drugs, say NO! O:

Anddd it really depends on the kind of school you go to. I don't know how to explain school really...LOL. It's just...school. There are a lot of different schools, some are really big, some are really small, some have really mean stuck-up people, some have amazing friendly people. I really...dunno how to explain it. xD
Back to top Go down
Meyerm

Meyerm

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:42 am

The state of the school really depends on the state of the town, like this one High school that's a rival to ours. The town there is rich, and as such the students are stuck up and look down upon us.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 12:51 pm

Well New Orleans/Kenner-ish has a lot of different high schools and it all depends on the high school how most of the people there act. xD.
Back to top Go down

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:00 pm

To Youssy: I mean, smaller house. About 5 rooms small... My dad said i most likely wille homeschooled. and i will say negative to drugs Smile

To RIO: great! maybe i can ask my papi to drive to Alabamma one daye to see you!

and a question: what do people in americka call their parents?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

maybee moving..? Empty
PostSubject: Re: maybee moving..?   maybee moving..? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

maybee moving..?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next